EU-funded long-term volunteering opportunity in France
10 Aug 2020
Volunteer in a Regional Youth Information Centre in France!
CRIJ Normandie (Centre Régional Information Jeunesse Normandie) is looking for 2 ESC volunteers for projects starting in September (19/09/2020) for 9 months in 2 locations in France:
- CRIJ Normandie, 16 rue Neuve Saint-Jean, 14000 Caen, France (1 volunteer)
- CRIJ Normandie, 84 rue Beauvoisine, 76000 Rouen, France (1 volunteer)
Project topics: Citizenship and democratic participation, European identity and values, Youth work
About the organisation
The CRIJ Normandie (Centre Régional Information Jeunesse) is an NGO known as a regional youth information centre located in the cities of Rouen and Caen. CRIJ's aim is to welcome and inform young people on different topics such as: studies and trainings, employment, summer and student jobs, volunteering programmes, civil and social rights, youth international mobility, European citizenship...
CRIJ Normandie cooperate with different organisations in the local community: secondary schools, universities, municipalities, youth centres... Each year, their team welcome several international volunteers in the cities of Rouen and Caen.
Learn more about their activities by checking their website and social media:
@CRIJNormandie (Twitter, Youtube, Instagram)
The project aims to promote the activities related to European citizenship and youth international mobility in the cities of Caen and Rouen. CRIJ Normandie organisation provides information on these topics by leading activities such as: workshops, events, fairs, video reporting, podcasts...
To do so, the CRIJ Normandie holds two quality labels: Europe Direct and Eurodesk. The volunteers will help the team to spread the information through the social media, to bring their own ideas and to organise local events.
The volunteers will:
- Raise the awareness of local young people towards Europe citizenship and youth international mobility (preparing and performing workshops in schools, participating in student fairs, contributing to various events, recording podcasts on local radios...).
- Encourage intercultural dialogue with the public by developing pedagogical tools and methods in order to talk about European citizenship.
- Contribute to create several events in May 2021 in the frame of the European Day celebration (called “Joli Mois de l’Europe”)
- Participate in actions such as afterworks, information workshops and regularly decorate our area dedicated to Europe and youth international mobility in order to keep it nice and attractive
- Help the CRIJ Normandie team to realise their projects and activities throughout the year.
The volunteers will have lots of space to implement their own activities in order to introduce their culture and language to the public. The volunteers will work under the supervision of a youthworker and they will work together with the CRIJ Normandie team, in order to discover different youth information topics: employment, studies and trainings, civil and social rights, etc.
The volunteers need to have social skills, be comfortable with public speaking, show interest in environmental issues, being familiar with digital tools and social media. If they have a passion, they are strongly invited to integrate their interests inside the project. The volunteers have to be between 18 and 30 years old and permanent legal residents in the Republic of Ireland to be eligible for ESC volunteering opportunities.
The volunteers will live in the city area and have their own accomodation in a flat. The flat is furnished and has access to a wi-fi connection. There is also public transport available.
The volunteers will also get:
- a French bank account
- a phone subscription
- French language lessons (together with the Online Language Support)
If you need any help filling out your form please contact Mateja at email@example.com
Application deadline: 23/08/2020
The European Solidarity Corps (ESC) is an EU funded programme that gives young people (aged 18 to 30) the opportunity to volunteer in an organisation abroad. The funding covers travel expenses to and from the project as well as accommodation, food, a small personal allowance (”pocket money”), health insurance, language training and local transport during the project.
Interested in applying or need more info? Contact Mateja in VSI: 0873367275 firstname.lastname@example.org